welcome to the real word,
- - - the diary of an 18 year old.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Turning 18
October 3rd was my 18th Birthday! Whoo, I'm legal! I'd been planning a party for about two weeks before my Birthday, which was a Friday! & that Thursday before, my back totally went out. It had been really sore for a few days before that, but it was for sure OUT at that point. I called Austen, hysterically, -because I am not good at handling anything even a little bit scary like that by myself- & he left work early to come get me and we met my Mom at the emergency room, I was prescribed pain killers, and was just plain HURTING. So, at my "party" Friday night I wasn't drunk, wasn't playing Beer Pong, & I wasn't screaming out my personal secrets because I was all loopy on pain killers. Which just is NOT fun. Being surrounded by a bunch of drunk guys, sitting on the couch saying, "Woooooah guys, woooah...y'all are SO loud, guys." [btw: yes-guys, because they're the only friends of mine that wanted to be around me drunk while I was NOT. & also, YES- there were multiple suggestions made throughout the night that sounded like this, "dude. we should so be at a titty bar right now! WHAT ARE WE DOING?!"] But I love my boys, they're awesome & they actually came, ha!

I did have fun though, took lots of pictures, and laughed alot. Also before that whole event my Mom & Step-dad took me out to dinner with the rest of the fam at Cracker Barrel, which is like for suuuuure my new favorite restruant. SO GOOD. Plus, my awesome Mom made me a Scrapbook from me as a baby to 18 years! How fucking cool is that? She & my step-dad also gave me a pair of diamond earrings from Occasions Fine Jewelry that I'm officially obsessed with. Oh yeah, and my Aunt Deebs gave me a "The Taste of Home Cookbook", which I am all over, I mean it's food. Come on.

Today is my Mom's Birthday- she's 41 but looks 12. Ha. She's gorgeous, I love her, & she's my hero! Happy Birthday Mama!




Labels: , ,