Last night was pretty eventful. Our very close friend Blake came over, and we ate some dinner, they played some
Gears Of War, and then we decided to go to Hastings. For the record, there WAS something that we had the intention to buy and it was the entire reason we even went to Hastings- but it was forgotten, due to a $50 Shock-Laser-Tag game set. The moment that all the information had registered in my boyfriend's mind, he was almost yelling, "Oh shit! No way, it really shocks you? Oh my GOD, buy this, Blake, I'll go half." They were so uncontrollably giddy for the rest of the 20 or 30 minutes we walked around and they pretended to consider maybe buying something else. Should I even mention the part where they came across a $40 set of Gears of War action figures? The laser tag game was actually
SET DOWN for about 2.4 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I was also very excited about this laser tag game, it
did sound fun, and it was even more exciting to think of them running frantically around the apartment complex, maybe even with their shirts off?
Okay- now this next part is where it gets really good for me. On the way home, I was holding the game and sitting in the back while they pumped themselves up, and talked about how good they were going to get each other. While I'm examining the box and reading everything, I realize that the piece that actually shocks you is the gun- not the circular metal device that straps onto your chest. And I know that these boys don't know that- because they're discussing playing without shirts on, so that they "REALLY feel that shit!" So, at this point my grin is
probably looking similar to The Grinch's. Now, once we get home I waited ever so patiently for them to figure out how to strap on their devices, I even helped! [By the way, it is SO convenient for me that I am practically always expected to be the "instruction reader," because I can direct them to hold their guns as tightly as I want.] So, I instruct them to each hold their guns, press the reset button, & shoot on three..one, two, three. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside as I watched both their faces, and as a bonus-Blake was so shocked -ha- that he threw his gun, which just came flying right back (because they're connected the the other device) and HIT HIM IN THE EAR. It was
awesome.But, they
did run around outside with their shirts off, and they also turned off all the lights in the apartment and played a very creepy version of hide and go seek. There was also a contest that involved shocking your tongue, nipples, and
YES! balls. Pretty good night, preeeetty good.